Applications Operations Engineer bij Vattenfall N.V.
Applications Operations Engineer
Do you find satisfaction in understanding how your expertise enables our business applications and, by that, be able to Power Climate Smarter Living?
We want to strengthen our Systems Design & Delivery team within the Core IT department with an additional colleague who is driven by technical challenges and the urge to always find better and more efficient ways of delivering services to the customer. The team is a multi-competence team located in Amsterdam, Stockholm, Berlin and Hamburg. We are operating and coordinating IT services, like infrastructural and application services to all business areas in Vattenfall and are looking for an ambitious Applications Operations Engineer.
Your Job as Applications Operations Engineer
In the role of Applications Operations Engineer you will work in a team that is very close to infrastructure maintenance as well as the business. To succeed in this role, you should be self-driven, exact, analytic, critical and know how to prioritize. You are not only an experienced technician, but you also have social competence to understand the needs of the business. You always challenge yourself and others on how to improve, are open to suggestions from others, but can also give suggestions yourself. This job requires some international traveling. You will need to be able to work independently in an international team which meets more virtually than physically.
Your key activities as Applications Operations Engineer
- Central contact person for all technical questions regarding the services and their components.
- Coordination and execution of tasks for service lifecycle management (Planning, installation, upgrade and decommission).
- Main role in solving incidents, planning and execution of changes and root cause analysis of problems.
- Steering of incident processes, administrative activities, patch strategies, backup and recovery plans, catastrophe protection and downtimes.
- Design of infrastructure, based on application specific requirements, and creation of operational concepts and ITIL service trees.
- Create and update documentation.
- Leading of small size infrastructure initiatives.
- 2nd level and operational support.
- You are expected to take part in an on-call schedule, shared with your teammates.
Your Profile as Applications Operations Engineer
You have experience with working in a large international environment and have the ability to work under pressure. You have very good communication skills, you are a good listener, not afraid to ask questions and give advice. Furthermore, you have / are:
- Bachelor’s degree or similar in IT, engineering, science or mathematics.
- At least 5 years of experience in application operations.
- Thorough knowledge of operating systems.
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure (server, storage, backup, network).
- Good understanding of IT security.
- Dutch and English on a professional working level, basic German is a pre.
- Experience in handling ITIL processes (Incident / Change / Problem / Config).
- Experience in supporting projects, troubleshooting and (root cause) analysis.
- Knowledge and experience in Cloud (Azure) is a pre.
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity helps building a more profitable, efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of age, religion, gender identity & expression, sexual identity, disability and ethnic background.
What we offer
We offer an exciting and challenging job where you work close to business as well as to technology. You will have the chance to broaden your area of expertise even more and gain a solid understanding of the energy utility business as well. Vattenfall wants to be your employer of choice and offers excellent primary and fringe benefits. Besides being a challenging and inspiring place to work, we value a great work atmosphere. We want to be the best in what we do. We offer good remuneration, attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
Vattenfall IT is the internal provider of IT for the entire Vattenfall Group. With 1.400 employees located in Germany, Poland, The Netherlands and Sweden, we contribute to our international business success. We are now looking for a new Applications Operations Engineer to support the Systems Design & Delivery team, which is a part of the Core IT department and responsible for the technical operation of all server-based applications.
Your base location will be in Amsterdam.
For further questions regarding the position please contact hiring manager Cejay Sam-Sin via Cejay.Sam-Sin@vattenfall.com. For information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact recruiter Marle Verzaal via email@example.com.
Please apply directly with your English CV and cover letter via the online application form.
Acquisition following this advertisement is not appreciated.