Software Developer bij Baker Hughes
Baker Hughes has a vacancy for a:
(32 – 40 hours a week)
Would creating future energy products excite you?
Do you enjoy being part of team that develops complex and high-quality code?
Join our outstanding Development team
Our growing team develops industry leading applications for field development planning and well construction. We collaborate with cross-functional teams and experts to shape innovative products which are utilized by customers for hydrocarbon production and new projects for CO2 and hydrogen underground storage and geothermal well drilling.
Partner with the best
As a Software Developer, you will take ownership over the development process and will ensure we continuously improve our code. You will collaborate with Product Owners and Domain Experts to develop features to our applications. You will have the opportunity to ensure that our products are innovative and ready for the future.
As a Software Developer, you will be responsible for:
- Working in a passionate product development environment to produce quality and robust software.
- Taking ownership of the software development life-cycle to continuously improve our code and processes.
- Developing simple architecture and code to help our products to stay future-proof.
- Sharing skills and knowledge with your team to help growth and development in achieving outstanding performance.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams in a diverse and multicultural environment to identity opportunities for innovation and improvement.
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a Bachelors’ degree Computer Science or equivalent demonstrable expertise in software development.
- Show in-depth knowledge of Microsoft technologies including Azure DevOps, Visual Studio and C#.
- Display a thorough knowledge of software architecture, object-oriented design, unit testing, and best practices (SOLID, TDD, BDD etc.)
- Have experience working with complex structures, multi-threading, design patterns.
- Have experience with scaled Scrum/Agile software development.
- Be a good team player and display good communication skills with fluency in verbal and written English.
- Be willing to develop your career with our resources and training and be part of passionate development community.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working flexible hours (32, 36, 40 hours a week)
- Working 4 or 5 days
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace challenge with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Working in a multi-cultural, multi-location environment following Scrum/SAFe principles
- Agile Testing best practice learning opportunities in a large and focused software development environment
- Access to self-learning resources
- Access to additional training opportunities, career growth, knowledge sharing including other disciplines
- Flexible working hours
- Bonus program
At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We’re makers, inventors, and leaders who aren’t afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future.
Apply for this job!
If you want to apply then leave your resume and motivation behind via our online application form.
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.
Keywords: Software Engineer, Software Developer, Software Development, Computer Science, Software Architecture