Chief Data Scientist bij DAF Trucks N.V.
You understand the business needs, are data savvy to be able to “talk tech” with data scientists, and are able to distill advanced analytics concepts in an easy-to-understand manner.
The Chief Data Scientist is the key position between business and data analytics. The Chief Data Scientist acts as an intermediary between DAF Data Scientists, Data Engineers and the Advanced Analytics CoE. In this position, you will be pivotal to align the various DAF business departments as well as IT on a tactical level, while simultaneously providing direction to the company advanced analytics strategy. You will build relationships and translate the full breadth of the data analytics portfolio into tangible steps, prioritize them and make educated decisions in the process. You will guide Data Scientists hands-on, while executing the most challenging analyses yourself. You will have the proper skill level to advise and inspire members of the DAF Board of Management.
- Guide and implement the advanced analytics strategy and related business priorities
- Ensure delivery of the Data Analytics project portfolio within the agreed targets, validate approaches used and their results
- Identify new advanced analytics initiatives and drive their implementation into production
- Manage the IT team of Data Engineers and Analysts (5 FTE)
- Stimulate and nurture the collaboration between the various departments and teams and train them to use the latest technologies
- Translate state-of-the-art solutions into Center of Excellence standards and grow the repository of artifacts in order to secure lessons learned and enable future (re-)use
- Secure continuity of the Data Analytics systems and keep the landscape agile and fit for use.
- Report trends, threats and opportunities to management
For this challenging position, we are looking for a business focused, result-driven, and motivated self-starter with great analytical and social skills. As a leader, you have the ability to inspire, energize, and empower your colleagues and to also have them positively challenging each other. Additional qualifications are:
- Master’s or PhD level in Data Science, Business Analytics, or related field; an MBA is a plus
- Minimal 10 years of relevant work experience
- A proven track record in Data Analytics (e.g. Neural Networks) and Cutting Edge ML Models, but especially in operationalizing these models
- Exceptional Networking skills, both within the company and to peers across the industry, with a natural drive to further develop the Data Science community
- Must be a highly-motivated self-starter and self-directed learner with a creative mind, high attention to detail, and desire to educate others
- Excellent business acumen, with proven ability to make process improvements
- Ability to speak and understand advanced analytical language, and translate business issues into management storytelling;
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
PACCAR IT Europe is part of the global PACCAR IT organization and responsible for the development, implementation, and support of our IT systems and infrastructure. PACCAR IT Europe employs over 300 people. This position will lead DAF’s analytics efforts division-wide; working with data scientists embedded in DAF’s business units and PACCAR’s Advanced Analytics Center of Excellence (CoE) located in the US. You will supervise the local Data Engineering team (5 FTE) and guide their state-of-the-art (cloud) data platform implementations.
At DAF you will work in a professional, innovative and safe environment with a lot of autonomy and responsibility. We offer you a career with growth potential. You don’t just choose for a job, you choose for a career at DAF. If you like to work in an international organization with a no-nonsense culture and ambition, then DAF is your employer!
In addition to a good salary DAF offers you the following working conditions:
- A 36-hour workweek;
- 27 Vacation days and a possibility of 13 ADV days (reduction of working hours);
- A variable bonus, based on DAF results;
- A good work-life balance (due to flexible working hours);
- A retirement plan and group health insurance;
- Extensive opportunities for personal growth, such as education programs and (online) training courses.
- Drive your career, join DAF!
If you recognize yourself in this profile and would like to take this challenge, we invite you to apply! Please upload your CV and motivation.
For further information you can contact Jaap Hoogveld (Corporate Recruiter) via telephone number 040-2142741 or the Recruitment department via telephone number 040-2142616.
Over DAF Trucks N.V.
Making the best even better! DAF is a leading global technology company and part of PACCAR. A career at DAF Trucks means being part of one of Europe’s most successful automotive brands, a high tech company where you can further develop your talents.
We develop the best road transport solutions, based on ninety years of experience and with full focus on reliability, low cost of ownership, transport efficiency and sustainability. At DAF you work on challenging projects together with inspiring people who all share your practical approach and drive for innovation. Continuous improvement is part of our DNA.
A career at DAF means working in a dynamic team, with ambition, commitment and focused on achieving results. DAF employees are proud, they find their work rewarding and challenging. Just like you, they understand how their work directly contributes to the overall success of DAF. Short, direct communication lines and a flat organization assure that your ideas can be implemented in a very short time. DAF offers you all the opportunities to grow your career. National, international, in your own discipline or even beyond. DAF drives your career.Meer vacatures