Software Engineer bij DAF Trucks N.V.
A Software Engineer who translates customer requirements and processes into a technical specification and build the solution, based on the latest technologies.
For the Parts business area we are looking for a (senior) Software Engineer. You translate customer requirements and processes into a technical specification and build the solution, based on the latest technologies. You will work closely with architects, developers/designers and information analysts in agile projects. You have the ability to motivate and coach your team to achieve a professional working environment.
For this challenging job we are looking for candidates who earned their bachelor or master degree in Software Engineering, Informatics, Computer Science or equivalent.
- You are acquainted with the software development process and have proven experience with software development.
- You are an agile learner, active looking for feedback and you are a professional.
- Knowledge and experience with Agile/Scrum is an advantage.
- You have knowledge of .NET / C#, MVC, WCF, Rest, SQL Server, MSMQ, ASP.NET, Azure / AWS and software security (OWASP).
- Experience with Azure / Elastic Search and Lucene is a pre.
- You are familiar with the SOLID design principles and always eager to improve your technical skill set.
- You have a focus on software quality, you can challenge a solution and promote different viewpoints if necessary.
- You are communicative, highly analytical, results-oriented, pragmatic and prepared for the future.
- You have a good sense of responsibility and have a pro-active attitude.
- Your English is fluent – effective communication, both verbal and written.
- You preferably live in the region of Eindhoven or within an hour driving distance.
PACCAR IT Europe is responsible for the development, support and management of information systems in Europe for users of DAF Trucks, PACCAR Parts, PACCAR Financial and PacLease. Within IT Europe, more than 250 IT professionals are employed.
The PACCAR IT Europe Software Center is responsible for application development, maintenance and support on both IBM Mainframe and Microsoft based systems. The applications cover all major business areas of DAF Trucks: Purchasing, Product Development, Truck Sales, Production, Logistics, Parts, After Sales and Finance. Examples of applications are:
- The eCommerce solution supporting customer and dealer search, identification and ordering of both DAF and TRP Parts combined with customer pricing and inventory.
- The European Parts System supports all PACCAR Parts dealers with ordering, invoices and return programs and the Parts Distribution Centers with order handling and delivery.
- The DAF CRM solution being the source of all systems and applications using and processing customer information.
- 3D DAF Truck Configurator
- The ITS (International Truck Service) application supporting the call center of DAF ITS by the handling of road side assistance requests throughout Europa.
- The Software Center consists of more than 100 employees in teams in Eindhoven and India who, work closely together in Agile/Scrum teams per business area.
At DAF you will work in a professional, innovative and safe environment with a lot of autonomy and responsibility. We offer you a career with growth potential. You don’t just choose for a job, you choose for a career at DAF. If you like to work in an international organization with a no-nonsense culture and ambition, then DAF is your employer!
In addition to a good salary DAF offers you the following working conditions:
- A 36-hour workweek;
- 27 Vacation days and a possibility of 13 ADV days (reduction of working hours);
- A variable bonus, based on DAF results;
- A good work-life balance (due to flexible working hours);
- A retirement plan and group health insurance;
- Extensive opportunities for personal growth, such as education programs and (online) training courses.
- Drive your career, join DAF!
If you recognize yourself in this profile and would like to take this challenge, we invite you to apply! Please upload your CV and motivation.
For further information about the Sofware Engineering vacancy you can contact Jaap Hoogveld (Corporate Recruiter) via telephone number 040-2142741 or the Recruitment department via telephone number 040-2142616.
Over DAF Trucks N.V.
Making the best even better! DAF is a leading global technology company and part of PACCAR. A career at DAF Trucks means being part of one of Europe’s most successful automotive brands, a high tech company where you can further develop your talents.
We develop the best road transport solutions, based on ninety years of experience and with full focus on reliability, low cost of ownership, transport efficiency and sustainability. At DAF you work on challenging projects together with inspiring people who all share your practical approach and drive for innovation. Continuous improvement is part of our DNA.
A career at DAF means working in a dynamic team, with ambition, commitment and focused on achieving results. DAF employees are proud, they find their work rewarding and challenging. Just like you, they understand how their work directly contributes to the overall success of DAF. Short, direct communication lines and a flat organization assure that your ideas can be implemented in a very short time. DAF offers you all the opportunities to grow your career. National, international, in your own discipline or even beyond. DAF drives your career.Meer vacatures