Global Data Architect Manufacturing & Supply Chain bij AkzoNobel
Uncover and unleash important data and analytics opportunities within a leading global organization
The innovative and effective deployment of data and analytics is key to the success of companies today. AkzoNobel is no exception as we seek to embed the improved understanding of data across the company. Identifying opportunities to optimize the use of data within our R&D, Manufacturing and Supply Chain is central to this program. This demands the skills of someone who can prepare a compelling case for investments in data improvements that will enable smooth operations and accurate data for reporting that leads to the timely generation of new business insights. If you are a visionary data expert who can initiate and oversee these projects and outcomes, we invite you apply for the influential position of
Global Data Architect R&D, Manufacturing and Supply Chain
Amsterdam and Sassenheim, 40 hours per week
Data solutions for process improvement
The improved use of data is currently a high priority at AkzoNobel. Within this context, process owners across our R&D, Manufacturing and Supply Chain operations know that the better use of data has the power to help them. But they don’t always know where the ‘data pain’ is and how to fix it. That’s where you come in by making substantive proposals that provide a solution to their ‘pain point’ that improve processes as they relate to core business objectives.
This demands an ability to analyze, design and implement Master Data Management (MDM) in a complex IT landscape always with the aim of process improvements. It also requires you to make a convincing case for data projects to different levels – including C-level – of our organization so that the budget is secured. You then hand the project over to Project Management while still overseeing and steering the project. You report direct to the Director Master Data Services.
Being part of an enthusiastic and dynamic team, your day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Defining data standards, cleansing (Get Clean) and monitoring (Dashboard/KPIs) of the data;
- The initiation of controlled, governed, and harmonized data maintenance processes for the R&D, Manufacturing and Supply Chain data domains, including the impact of these changes to their supporting systems/applications;
- Overseeing the development and maintenance of a Data Dictionary/Glossary for the R&D, Manufacturing and Supply Chain data domains;
- Acting as IM/IT touchpoint for master data matter including setting up the MDM landscape strategy and driving the demand pipeline for changes and projects support.
A multi-facing change agent
At all times you act as a change agent and business partner to our R&D, Manufacturing and Supply Chain functions, enabling a continuous commitment to MDM. The role offers a high degree of autonomy in which you must be able to manage multiple complex assignments including the ability to plan, assign and direct work.
Do you have what it takes to succeed in this role?
This is an exciting and involving role for candidates who understand R&D, Manufacturing and Supply Chain processes, the data that support these processes, and the systems where these data are held and processed. At AkzoNobel this is mainly in SAP systems.
You should also bring the following attributes:
- Post-Graduation in Business Administration, Integrated Supply Chain, Engineering, Economics, IT or equivalent work experience;
- Minimum 10 years’ overall experience with 7-8 years’ experience in R&D, Manufacturing and Supply Chain related functions, with MDM and/or IT exposure e.g. in SAP implementation projects, preferred;
- Experience in Project Management, with supporting certification preferred;
- Experience of interfacing with stakeholders at all levels in multinational corporations, including C-level;
- Understanding of external factors influencing R&D, Manufacturing, Supply Chain and MDM such as regulatory requirements, best in class practices, etc;
- Advanced interpersonal and cultural skills including fluent English, with any other important language(s) an advantage.
A high-profile role that could transform your future
Given the emerging importance of data at AkzoNobel, this is a high-profile role across a dynamic international arena. As such, it has the potential to open exciting career paths, including a journey towards executive levels. Moreover, you will be working for an industry leader that operates at the cutting edge of sustainable product development.
Other benefits include:
- Competitive compensation package;
- Variable profit sharing, depending on our operational results and personal performance;
- 30 days of annual leave;
- A competitive pension plan and access to our collective medical insurance;
- Laptop and mobile phone;
- A choice between 3 travel allowance packages, one of which includes a company car.
For questions about this vacancy, please contact Denise de Bock, Talent Acquisition Specialist, via TalentResourcing.NL@akzonobel.com or +31 880 030 731, option 2. To apply please use the ‘Apply‘ button. The recruitment process includes a selection of the best applications received through the system, interview rounds and further steps. An employment screening and online assessment may be part of the selection process.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
Agency or sales calls are not appreciated.
We’ve been pioneering a world of possibilities to bring surfaces to life for well over 200 years. As experts in making coatings, there’s a good chance you’re only ever a few meters away from one of our products. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. We’re active in more than 150 countries and have set our sights on becoming the global industry leader. It’s what you’d expect from the most sustainable paints company, which has been inventing the future for more than two centuries.
For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.