IT Solution Designer bij Vattenfall N.V
IT Solution Designer
The best of the best Solution Designer – are you aspired to drive solution realization across the Vattenfall value chain?
Vattenfall is a European energy company with approximately 20.000 employees. For more than 100 years we have electrified industries, supplied energy to people’s homes and modernized our way of living through innovation and cooperation. We now want to make fossil-free living possible within one generation. To be able to reach this ambitious goal we are looking for talented individuals who, in addition to their passion for their own role, also have strong team spirit and want to contribute to supporting a meaningful corporate mission. As a Solution Designer you will be working within the Vattenfall IT organization, specifically for the Customer Analytics team in the Netherlands.
Whilst the solution architecture and selection are delivered by IT Architecture, it’s the Solution Designer that figures out the realization by fitting all parts together. The solution designer knows the business drivers, is the expert in his / her special landscape area and is involved in one or more Agile teams to get solution ideas implemented end-to-end.
You are not afraid of challenges, full of energy, like to realize ideas and get things done. If working in an agile and lean way where delivery of excellent solutions to customers is centric is the environment you like to work in, then this can be your next career step.
Everything we do in our Customer Analytics team is about data. We collect data, gather them, make them accessible in a fast and good way. We work closely with business colleagues who are eager to gain insight in our business and develop new products based on customer’s demand.
This is what you’ll be doing as Solution Designer
- Translate user stories into end-to-end solutions.
- Bridge between IT Architecture and scrum teams in your area.
- Be the primary contact person for technical design questions in strategic projects in the customer data area in NL.
- Create, align, own and share solution design principles and guidelines.
- Propose solutions to developers when they need advices on architecture.
- Support Product Owners regarding technical questions and with IT roadmap.
- Ensure low complexity, non-functional and operational readiness are included by nature into each delivery.
- Be the solution designer for any advices regarding integration of new business initiatives into the data platform landscape for the Customer Analytics team in NL.
Who are you?
You are a positive challenger, looking for solutions, flexible and driven by results. You have a strong personality, and like to work both independently and in a team. Additionally, you have:
- Strong background of experience within IT application development with focus on data and BI.
- Some years of experience as Lead Developer with design responsibility.
- Bachelor / Master degree.
- Deep knowledge of Azure Ecosystems and can create solutions using with Databricks, Blob Storage, MSQL Server, SSIS, ADF, Snowflake, Azure DevOps and SSIS / SHIR.
- Programming experience in either Python or Spark and SQL.
- Strong interest in Business Intelligence, Data and predictive analysis.
- Experience with IT Architecture, ETL and data modelling, Agile Scrum, Continuous Deployment, Data loading mechanism and security principles.
- Experience with breaking down complex challenges into parts and be able to structure them in technical requirements and solution designs using tools (e.g. Enterprise Architect, MS Visio, IServer).
- Good language skills – You’re fluent in written and spoken English since we are an international team.
- Preferable experience in cloud topology.
We are looking for candidates for our office in Amsterdam (close to Bijlmer Arena station).
What do we offer?
At Vattenfall we promote smart working! Meaning you can easily combine your working life with your private situation to ensure a healthy work-life balance. To attract and retain a talented workforce, smart working is successfully implemented within Vattenfall such as the possibility to work part-time.
We offer you a central office location with easy access, by either public transport or car. Furthermore, a healthy work-life balance (smart working) and time to develop your profession as Solution Designer. At Nuon Vattenfall you get the opportunity to work for a clean energy company that aims for creating fossil free energy within one generation. And last but not least; you will be working with energetic, motivated colleagues that like to have fun as well!
Process and timeline
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter, before 26th of September, 2019 via the online application form. When you’re selected, a short screening call, 2 face-to-face interviews and potentially an assessment & pre-employment screening are part of the recruitment process.
For more questions about the process, you are welcome to contact Recruiter Marle Verzaal via firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about working at Vattenfall, please visit https://corporate.vattenfall.nl/carriere/werken-bij-ons/.
Acquisition is not appreciated.