Network Engineer Sr. bij equensWorldline
Network Engineer Sr.
equensWorldline is one of the leading and most innovative payment service providers in Europe. As experts in financial processing and software licensing we provide services to fulfill all needs of the dynamic European payments market. Innovation is high on our agenda, as the payments industry is rapidly evolving. That’s why we foster the development of new and innovative solutions, such as instant payments, contactless payments, mobile payment solutions and digital identity services, allowing our clients to cater for the shifting needs and increasing demands of their customers. Each year we process billions of payments, point-of-sale and ATM transactions. Obviously, all those transactions must be processed seamlessly, securely and efficiently. And that’s what we do. Being a central pillar of the Worldline Group, it’s our ambition to support our clients in keeping up with the rapidly shifting needs and increasing demands of their customers. A challenging job, as the European payments market – and therefore also our organization – is subject to continuous change. equensWorldline is a truly European company with office locations in multiple countries and a broad, international client base in numerous countries across Europe.
The Network environment
The Network Department is part of the equensWorldline Technical Engineering department focusing primarily on the Dutch datacenters but is working in a close international relationship with Germany, Belgium, France and Italy.
Standardization and country overarching activities will make sure the teams will get a closer working relationship in the near future supporting each other whenever necessary.
Key to these activities is the highest level of availability and performance necessary to process the billions of transactions which pass through our networks.
What will your job be?
The Network team is responsible for running, designing, configuring and implementing the network infrastructure. Customer focus must be the number one mindset. The team is working in a complex multi-disciplinary infrastructure of Cisco switches and routers, Checkpoint VSX firewalls and F5 loadbalancers. Knowledge of either one of the technologies is required. The team is responsible for the entire network infrastructure.
As a Senior Network Engineer your job will be to:
- Align with business and projects regarding demands, (service)requests and new services.
- Assess new requests based on architectural standards, policies and regulations.
- Design and implementation of Low Level (detailed) Designs, test and acceptance of (new) network infrastructures and tooling.
- Align designs with other Teams within the Technical Engineering department.
- Perform Root Cause Analysis (RCA) of major incidents.
- Prepare (plan) network changes for CAB approval and deployment.
- Deploy network changes.
- Take care of design capacity and estimation models, point out bottlenecks and formulate advices.
- Dispatch daily work within the NW Team.
- Advise internal and external relations regarding optimization and infrastructure components by participating in Domain Committees in order to align Global architectures.
- Participate in international projects.
What do you have to offer?
You are an experienced Senior Network Engineer who is used to act in a dynamic, high pressure international environment. You have:
- Higher vocational education and work & thinking level.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Network Engineer in a complex, preferably international, environment.
- Broad knowledge of several process & technical network areas like Prince II, ITIL V3, Cisco Routing and switching, F5 Load balancing, Checkpoint Firewalls.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in design and engineering of network infrastructures.
- You are speaking English on a professional technical level, German or French is a plus.
You are able to:
- Work effectively to complete assignments in group settings.
- Work cooperatively to achieve common goals, act in the interest of the organization without letting personal interests prevail.
- Take a co-operative approach with a positive attitude with others and share information and knowledge.
- Work with integrity, meaning working in such a way that the job is executed properly, transparently, carefully and complying with the applicable laws, regulations, policies and Code of Conduct.
- Hold yourself and others responsible for measurable high-quality, timely, and cost-effective results. Determine objectives, set priorities.
- Implement changes out of office hours and be available for standby duties, about one week every 6 weeks.
What do we offer in return?
We can offer you a Network Engineer position in a growing international company. The possibility to build international network infrastructures based on top of the art technologies. This is a full-time job of 36 hours a week (40 hours a week is optional). You will receive a market conform salary (between 54.000 and 74.500 a year gross) based on your experience level. Working hours are determined after consultation with the manager. You will be based in Utrecht (NL). Participation in 24×7 standby is expected.
Why work at equensWorldline?
Our culture is informal. Within our company, teamwork and clarity are very important, as well as customer-focus and a result-oriented approach. And of course…pleasure in our work! We work closely together with our colleagues in the different countries. English is our common language. As a result you really experience that you are part of a European, international company.
Further information and application
For further information please contact Rob Stol, Team Manager, +31621806245 or for the proces Carolien Polman, Recruiter, Tel. +31 883855801. For more information about us, please visit our website: equensworldline.com.
You do have a work permit.
An assessment can be part of the procedure.
A Pre Employment screening is mandatory.
If you wish to apply for this position, please complete our online application form and attach your CV in either Word, rtf or text format. Applications can also be sent in English via mail to email@example.com.
equensWorldline does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, age, disability or sexual orientation. All recruitment decisions are based solely on qualifications, skills, knowledge and experience and relevant business requirements. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to the applications process for people with disabilities.
Agency calls are not appreciated.