Network Engineer bij equensWorldline
equensWorldline is one of the leading and most innovative payment service providers in Europe. As experts in financial processing and software licensing we provide services to fulfill all needs of the dynamic European payments market. Besides traditional payment services our platforms are also geared for mobile payments, instant payments, e-payments, e-mandates and e-identity transactions. Each year we process billions of payments, point-of-sale and ATM transactions, per year. Obviously, all those transactions must be processed seamlessly, securely and efficiently. And that’s what we do.
Being a central pillar of the Worldline Group, it is our ambition to support our clients in keeping up with the rapidly shifting needs and increasing demands of their customers. A challenging job, as the European payments market – and therefore also our organization – is subject to continuous change. equensWorldline is a truly European company with office locations in multiple countries and a broad, international client base in numerous countries across Europe.
The Network environment.
The Network Department is part of the equensWorldline Technical Engineering department focusing primarily on the Dutch datacenters but is working in a close international relationship with Germany, Belgium, France and Italy.
Standardization and country overarching activities will make sure the teams will get a closer working relationship in the near future supporting each other whenever necessary.
Key to these activities is the highest level of availability and performance necessary to process the billions of transactions which pass our networks.
What will be your job?
The Network team is responsible for running, designing, configuring and implementing the network infrastructure. Customer focus must be the number one mindset.
The team is working in a complex multi-disciplinary infrastructure of Cisco switches and routers, Checkpoint firewalls and F5 loadbalancers. Knowledge of either one of the technologies is required. The team is responsible for the entire network infrastructure.
equensWorldline is looking for junior, mid-level and senior network engineers. The junior network engineers will have a great opportunity to acquire deep knowledge of a very divers networking infrastructure and get a great opportunity to certify this knowledge through courses and the corresponding exams.
The junior, mid-level and senior network engineers will be working in an environment with a huge responsibility which requires flexibility and perseverance. Never a boring day, that is the promise.
As a (Junior/Mid-level/Senior) Network Engineer your job will be to:
- Align with the business and projects regarding demands, (service)requests and new services.
- Assess new requests based on architecture standards, policies and regulation.
- Align designs with other Teams within the Technical Engineering department.
- Perform together with senior engineers Root Cause Analysis (RCA) of major incidents.
- Prepare (plan) network changes for CAB approval and deployment.
- Deploy network changes.
- Participate in international projects.
What do you have to offer?
You are either a junior, mid-level or senior Network Engineer who is used to act in a dynamic, high pressure international environment or you are able to learn fast and acquire in-depth technical networking knowledge.
You have a:
- Higher vocational education or work & thinking level.
- For the mid-level and senior position: experience as a Network Engineer in a complex, preferably international, environment.
- For the mid-level and senior position: broad knowledge of several process & technical network areas like Prince II, ITIL V3, Cisco Routing and switching, F5 Load balancing, Checkpoint Firewalls.
- For the mid-level and senior position: experience in design and engineering of network infrastructures.
- You are speaking English on a professional technical level, Dutch, German or French is a pro.
You are able to:
- Work effectively to complete assignments in group settings.
- Work cooperatively to achieve common goals, act in the interest of the organization without letting personal interests prevail.
- Take a co-operative approach with a positive attitude with others and share information and knowledge.
- Work with integrity, meaning working in such a way that the job is executed properly, transparently, carefully and complying with the applicable laws, regulations, policies and Code of Conduct.
- Hold yourself and others responsible for measurable high-quality, timely, and cost-effective results. Determine objectives, set priorities.
- Implement changes out of office hours.
- Participate in 24×7 standby shifts, one week per 6 weeks.
The Dutch network team is a team of closely related engineers who are always willing to take that one step extra to get the job done. Team members are always willing to back each other up. Your job is enabling, maintaining and expanding the European payment infrastructure together with highly qualified colleagues.
What do we offer in return?
We can offer you a Network Engineer position in a growing international company. The possibility to build international network infrastructures based on top of the art technologies. This is a full-time job of 36 hours a week (40 hours a week is optional). You will receive a market conform salary based on your experience level. Working hours are determined after consultation with the manager. You will be based in Utrecht (NL). Participation in 24×7 standby is expected.
Further information and application.
- For further information please contact Rob Stol, Team Manager, +31621806245 or for the proces Carolien Polman, Recruiter, Tel. +31 883855801.
- Applications can be done via our careerpage.
- You need a valid workpermit for this job and a pre-employment screening is part of the proces.
Why work at equensWorldline?
Our culture is informal. Within our company, teamwork and clarity are very important, as well as customer-focus and a result-oriented approach. And of course…pleasure in our work! We work closely together with our colleagues in the different countries. English is our common language. As a result you really experience that you are part of a European, international company. For more information about the company you can visit https://equensworldline.com/en/home/about-us.html.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the online application form and attach your CV in either Word, rtf or text format.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, age, disability or sexual orientation. All recruitment decisions are based solely on qualifications, skills, knowledge and experience and relevant business requirements. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to the applications process for people with disabilities.
Acquisition following this advertisement is not appreciated.