Data Engineer bij Randstad Groep
Everyday people employed through Randstad make sure your luggage gets onto the plane, your takeaway into your kitchen and that our most vulnerable are cared for. Everytime we place someone into a new role, they make an impact on our society, and we make an impact on their and their employer’s future. As a more and more data-driven organisation, data is a vital part of delivering on the promises we make to our candidates and customers.
Randstad, Yacht and Tempo-Team possess an enormous quantity of data: the characteristics of millions of candidates and business data on clients, potentials and our own organisation. Your team, DataHub, is responsible for providing the basis for our data infrastructure. Our data engineers work on a self-service data platform, making sure our data makes its way from a vast array of sources to the right place, enabling our Data Scientists and Operational Insights teams to for example build AI solutions.
The DataHub team is an agile team of 8 data engineers. The datalake we maintain is partly in Redshift, partly in S3. We created a Django based metadata catalog, that functions in the same time as a portal to monitor the data and to provide services for our consumers.
For general usage we offer the functionality of data subscriptions through scheduled unloads to a project space on S3. Furthermore we offer tools to work with machine learning models using Sagemaker.
You will be designing and setting up infrastructure on AWS for the expanding services of our platform and develop airflow dags that represent our data pipelines. Most of our coding is done in python.
What will you be doing?
You will be part of an agile team and play a vital role in the design and development of a cloud-based data platform
- Build and manage the DataHub frontend, which includes:
- a data catalog
- DataHub users and projects management
- Data subscriptions
- Develop ways to improve self-service data consumption and data publishing:
- Build and manage ETL pipelines in Airflow, which are responsible of ingesting the data and making the data available to users
- Develop standard ways to deliver data in the DataHub
- Develop CI/CD pipelines for data consuming teams to let them develop their products
You will be responsible of producing high quality code and reusable components
Using containerization, CI/CD and other automation technologies, you will be responsible for creating a backend for high availability and scalability, while at the same time being easily deployable, manageable and secure.
Together with the rest of the team you will be involved in the full product development process, from design, implementation, to testing, documentation and automated deployment.
Respond to and resolve operational incidents, performing root cause analysis and managing changes required to prevent future occurrences.
In this team you will have a wide range of responsibilities and should be willing to adapt to many different challenges.
Discuss with the users of the platform requirements and future improvements, but also come with proposals for our user on how to use the platform.
Manage and develop our data persistence environments (data lake, storage, etc) to ensure that data is properly available to users and secured
Monitor systems for uptime and performance.
What is our Stack?
- ECS, Docker;
- CloudFormation, Jenkins;
- AWS (S3, EC2, ECS, lambda, RDS, Redshift, EMR Spark, Athena, Glue).
So what would we like you to know and bring to the table?
- Our small, agile teams are just that: agile. You should be able to adapt to a variety of challenges and like quick feedback loops;
- Experience working in our tech stack, including Python, Linux, AWS cloud, Jenkins and GIT;
- Experience with scripting/automation of tasks;
- Experience with common devops and CI/CD practices to make your own work as easy as possible and guarantee the quality of our products;
- Be comfortable working in test-driven development and know what this means;
- Like working in a team, but take responsibility for your own tasks;
- If you really want to impress us, you can do so by having experience in:containerization platforms like ECS, EKS and Docker;
- Redshift; AWS serverless services (Lambda, API GW, SNS); SQL databases; Django; Airflow.
What do we offer?
- Plenty of training and development opportunities within the group. A significant share of our employees have held several roles in their years in the business, with RGN giving you the tools you need to challenge and develop yourself;
- A monthly salary between €2.666 and €5.406, depending on your experience;
- 8,5% holiday allowance;
- a generous monthly benefit budget on top of your salary and holiday pay that you can choose to spend on extra time off, perks such as a bike, tablet, gym subscription or simply get paid out;
- 25 days holiday with the option to buy additional 25 days off;
- a generous sabbatical programme;
- a good mobility scheme, laptop and everything you need to perform your job well;
- an attractive bonus scheme and the option to earn an outperformance bonus twice per year.
Does this sound like the right next step for you? Fantastic! Apply directly by clicking apply or contact our Senior Stafspecialist for more information (firstname.lastname@example.org | 0651578290)
This is a fulltime (40h/week) role. Read more about working at RGN IT and our benefits.
Over Randstad Groep
De wereld van werk verandert sterk onder invloed van technologie. Om onze leidende rol in de markt te behouden en te versterken, moeten we anders gaan denken en anders werken; betekenisvol werken. Een carrière bij Randstad Groep Nederland betekent dat je aan de slag gaat bij een organisatie waar de mens centraal staat. Wij bieden een omgeving die jou de kans geeft je doelen te behalen, zowel professioneel als persoonlijk. Wil jij jezelf continu ontwikkelen en resultaten dagelijks verbeteren binnen deze snel veranderende wereld van werk? Dan zijn wij op zoek naar jou! Al meer dan een halve eeuw brengt Randstad Groep mens en werk bij elkaar. Niet alleen in Nederland, maar wereldwijd. Bij ons kies je dan ook niet voor een baan, je kiest voor een carrière. Er zijn volop mogelijkheden voor persoonlijke groei en je vindt een grote diversiteit aan management- en vakspecialistfuncties binnen heel Randstad Groep Nederland, waar ook de labels Yacht en Tempo-Team onder vallen. Dit biedt interessante carrièreperspectieven: 80% van ons hoger management is binnen onze eigen organisatie opgeklommen.
At randstad group the Netherlands, we make a crucial contribution by cleverly combining "tech and touch" through ensuring the use of technology and data to improve the personal experience of our clients and candidates. This way we not only make our clients' businessess , but also randstad group the Netherlands itself, future-proof, and in this way we all contribute to the world of work of the future.Meer vacatures