Senior Research Data Management Software Developer (0.8 – 1.0 FTE) bij Universiteit Utrecht
Senior Research Data Management Software Developer (0.8 – 1.0 FTE)
Do you have experience with software development? Would you like to work at the interface of science and technology? The Research & Data Management Services department at Utrecht University is looking for Software Developers (junior, medior, senior) for the further development of our Research Data Management application. This application enables researchers from the university, their partners, and researchers from other institutes to securely deposit, share, publish and preserve large amounts of research data during all stages of a research project.
As a research data management software developer you will/have:
- contribute to one or more specific development projects;
- participate in a team of open source software developers;
- support the technical and functional application managers;
- create and maintain documentation;
- affinity with open source.
Required expertises are:
- MSc, PhD or professional Bachelor degree;
- experience within the research domain at a university;
- experience with software development in an agile (SCRUM) setting;
- experience with the automated software deployments (CI/CD);
- proven expertise of Linux, in particular CentOS/RHEL or Debian/Ubuntu and shell scripting and version control (Git);
- proficiency in Python and SQL;
- preferably experience with Ansible, Apache, iRODS, PostgreSQL, Pytest;
- experience with object storage is an advantage.
Required competences are:
- talent for technical problem solving;
- excellent communication and collaboration skills;
- flexible approach and manner;
- proven organizational and time management skills;
- able to work independently;
- good English reading/writing skills;
- command of Dutch is an advantage.
We offer a temporary position (0.8 – 1.0 FTE) for one year in an international working environment. After positive evaluation, this can be turned into a permanent position. The gross salary – depending on previous qualifications and experience – ranges between €2,960 and €5,439 (scale 10/11 according to the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities) per month for a full-time employment. Salaries are supplemented with a holiday bonus of 8% and a year-end bonus of 8.3% per year.
In addition, Utrecht University offers excellent secondary conditions, including an attractive retirement scheme, (partly paid) parental leave and flexible employment conditions (multiple choice model). For more information, please visit working at Utrecht University.
You will be provided with a laptop and a mobile phone from Utrecht University. Utrecht University has a hybrid workforce.
About the organization
A better future for everyone. This ambition motivates our scientists in executing their leading research and inspiring teaching. At Utrecht University, the various disciplines collaborate intensively towards major strategic themes. Our focus is on Dynamics of Youth, Institutions for Open Societies, Life Sciences and Sustainability.
The Information Technology Services (ITS) directorate is responsible for the central IT services of the entire university. About 8,000 internal employees and 35,000 students use the services of ITS. For an impression, please watch working at ITS. An inspiring and pleasant working environment with nice colleagues. ITS is located at Utrecht Science Park in the Administration Building nearby the historical centre of Utrecht. The Research Engineering Team is part of the TS Department Research & Data Management Services. Utrecht University has a hybrid workforce.
For more information about this position, please contact Frank Heere (Department Manager Research & Data Management Services), via firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 (0)6 26 73 28 43.
Everyone deserves to feel at home at our university. We welcome employees with a wide variety of backgrounds and perspectives.
To apply, please send your curriculum vitae, including a letter of motivation via the ‘apply’ button.
The application deadline is